Monday, June 25, 2012

Those left behind....

With so many losses in our family this past month, it has made me think back on the animals that have gone to the Bridge. Being the one left behind is hard. Your constant companion is no longer there, the emptiness seems a solid thing. I have had dogs that left slowly and ones that left quickly...the pain is the same. What I can offer is a little wisdom that I have heard...not from one animal but from all that have left this plane. Animals don't view this world as that different from the next one. True, the physical body is not there, but they don't consider that a hindrance! They do enjoy the physical world- who doesn't love a good romp in the grass or a belly rub? But they understand that Spirit is where we all really reside, and that doesn't go away. I have talked with animals that have passed and their personalities come through as strongly as they did in the physical form.They still visit their families, take part in celebrations and work to comfort the ones that are left behind. Our job is to listen, to be open to the possibilities, to trust that we ARE hearing them, or feeling their presence near us as we sit in that favorite chair. As I was finishing up a session, talking to a lovely dog that had passed, she wanted to let her family know one thing- I am still here. Talk to me, I'll hear you, walk with me, I will be there beside you and when you need comfort- I will lay with you. We hope this helps and that you carry these words in your heart.

1 comment:

  1. It's true. Duncan the Wonder Dog left in 2003 and I still dream about him almost every night.

    ReplyDelete